Listen to our forthcoming single ‘Leagues’:
Arch-miserablists Yossarian Lives are Rob Shiels, Dr. Ger Lynch, James Lindsay and Dr. James Lovatt, a four-piece electro-folk-pop band from Ireland. Yossarian Lives began as Rob’s solo project in 2007, but after 3 demo collections & the addition of 3 bandmembers, the project has evolved creatively to where it is today.
Yossarian Lives’ initial folk-pop leanings have given way to a broader musical palette, which ranges from the piano-driven melancholia of Christmas single “Every Christmas (You’re Not Quite Her)” to the synth-pop of their forthcoming single, “Leagues”. Two constants throughout their material are a clever lyricism that avoids cliché and a McCartney-esque appreciation of pop melodies.
- Supporting The Magnetic Fields on the Olympia Theatre date of their world tour in 2012.
- Winning the Daily Mail‘s ‘Fighting Chance’ song competition with the song ‘A Big Enough Stick For The Moon’ in 2011
- Appearing on a music-themed episode of TV3′s ’The Apprentice‘ in 2011.
They’re now working with producer James Lindsay (Near Records) to craft the next evolution of their sound. Yossarian Lives’ music has been on the playlists of national stations RTE 2FM (DJ Dave Fanning‘s show) and TodayFM along with regional stations including Beat 102-103, NearFM and PhoenixFM.
What they’re saying about Yossarian Lives:
- “Love the tune…Nay to cliché riddled Christmas songs, that’s what the old ones are for!” - Phantom FM’s Claire Beck on the song ‘Every Christmas (You’re Not Quite Her)’
- “These Sufjan Stevens-inspired songwriters could be a big hit.” - The Irish Daily Mail
- “ Their stuff’s amazing…best lyrics I’ve heard for a while.” - Metaphorest
- “Seriously give these guys a listen.” - Folkwatcher
- Out, Demon Doubt! (2011)
- The Uncanny Valley (2010)
- Adam’s Rib (2007)
For bookings, please contact manager Paul McArdle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download “Out, Demon Doubt!” here: http://yossarianlives.bandcamp.com